Friday, August 30, 2013

We have had many ask, “Who are the Wonder Girls?” So, we have decided to share a little about ourselves. Oh, and we also wanted to share this picture of us in KINDERGARTEN!
 

I am a teacher in Alabama. I have been teaching for nine years. I moved to 4th grade this year after teaching kindergarten for eight years. I had taught 4th grade once before. I also coach girls’ 7th and 8th grade basketball, serve on our school’s 7 Habits lighthouse team, and help with Student Council.  My classroom theme this year is lots of 7 Habits along with our school colors. I have added a few pictures of my classroom below. When I am not teaching and working on school stuff, I am with my three-year-old twins. I have a boy and a girl who are full of energy and very fun. They are the reason I work so hard!

Thanks for following us! - Tracie












I am an Instructional Coach in Alabama. My background is in special education, as well as general education. I have been teaching for 11 years. I started out in a 2nd grade classroom, moved to teach special education and I am now in my fifth year of the “coach” position. The Alabama Reading Initiative recently changed our title from Reading Coach to Instructional Coach. Since I have been in the Reading position for a few years now, I can see that I have a lot of catching up to do in the area of mathematics! As the Instructional Coach, I work with all teachers and students from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Traveling between the classrooms and schools can be a bit hectic, but when your passion is student success, you keep your focus and stay on track!  At home I’m mom to two boys, ages five and eight, and we stay busy with guitar lessons, basketball, golf and football.


-Honi



AFTER!

At the high school...before.
BEFORE...

 In my classroom and around our elementary school:
Truffula Trees

Student Ambassador created these
7 habits canvases
Circle of Control


7 Habits Tree









2 comments:

  1. Hi ,

    I'd like to start by saying that your Blog looks great!!! My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you earn royalties of 70%. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com/blog/

    If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Martin. We are checking it out.

    ReplyDelete